How to begin:
- Assess and organize all your assets (film, notes, photos, research). You probably have been thinking about themes, associations, other connections as they occurred in your process.
- Decide on your general concept and audience. Think about your material and how the various appeals operate. Character is still part of the whole, but how important? What else are the main features of your expanded story? How are these best presented using the appeals and tropes?
- Design considerations: the whole artifact represents a body of knowledge about your subject. It should show breadth and relationships.
- Experiment with the fold structure and using it vertically or horizontally. Consider what the folds represent in the interactive experience (change, reveal, edge).
- The final full color artifact is printed on the plotter and folded carefully.